Driver Education (DE) Restart
January 22, 2022 - January 23, 2022
Florida Crown Region
HOLD THE DATE!!
This announces the restart of the Florida Crown Region’s High Performance Driver Education program (DE). Our first event will be at Roebling Road Raceway, Savannah, GA and will be on January 22 & 23, 2022. Registration for the event will be on Club Registration, as it has been, previously. The event is not yet posted to Club Registration. Watch for the announcement of when registration will be ready on Club Registration, should be soon.
The program’s restart is being spearheaded by Jim Burnett and Marty Flack, both Crown Region members. Currently, Jim will be the Chief Driving Instructor while Marty will serve as the overall DE Chair.
The DE program has multiple moving parts and will require several volunteers to fill key “chair” or leadership roles. We will need volunteers in the following areas:
- Sales manager – this person will lead the sponsorship recruitment effort
- DE Registrar – Charlie King has previously filled this role for Crown and will continue to do so, from afar, until a new registrar can be identified. The DE Registrar sets-up and manages the registration platform, i.e., Club Registration
- Tech Chair – this person will manage all aspects of tech, including creation of a DE tech form for Florida Crown Region and will lead the tech crew or “grid tech”, i.e., tech inspection at the track
- Social Chair – this important role will be responsible for finding an “event hotel” for the weekend, as well as identifying food vendors (pizza and other items for the Friday evening welcome party, to be held at the track, as well as a Saturday evening dinner). This person will also manage the Region’s drinks and water coolers at the track.
- Classroom Instructor – As the name suggests, this person will be our in-room class instructor for Green and Blue group students
While we’re excited to have a FCR DE program once again, the success and long-term viability of the program will depend upon you, the FCR Region members who will register and be a part of these events. We need your help and involvement as managers/chairs of each of the areas listed above. Please consider volunteering. Without your involvement, the program’s existence cannot be sustained.
If you have questions, please contact either Jim or Marty:
Jim Burnett – firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-910-0596
Marty Flack – email@example.com